Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Brush with Health Care

Yesterday I needed to get a prescription filled for an Advair inhaler. Copay from my decent insurance was $30.00. I asked, "How much would this cost without insurance?" The answer, 240.00. Me: Cough, sputter, laugh uncomfortably, then mutter "that's bogus".

As I turned and walked out I had the thought that most Americans probably agree that our healthcare system is broken and designed for the monetary benefit of private enterprise rather than to support those in need of care. Why then, the chasm of divide over healthcare reform? Here's a link to Matt Taibib's piece published in this month's Rolling Stone. This is way closer to mainstream media than I like to tread, but this piece is worth the read. Heck, the first four paragraphs are brilliant.

Enjoy!

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/29988909/sick_and_wrong

Fubsy

1 comment: